Tuesday, August 21, 2012

organized!

hey guys! i hope everyone is having a fabulous tuesday!

today has been great, because it was very productive for me!  i always feel better when i have had a organized and productive day. anyone else out there like that?


seriously people. i am like obsessed with my planner, and having a "to do" list. some people can get by without it, but for me - not at all! it keeps me on track.


here are just a few examples :)




my planner for the week. everything i have to do for aggiettes (games, pep rallys, etc.) are in blue pen. everything else is in black - then highlighted according to importance.


then of course my weekly "to do" list in the upper left hand corner. i love being able to check things off! like i said, kinda an organizational freak - i know.

i really would like to know if anyone else loves their planners like i do? i know most people do it on their phones now, but that doesn't quite do it for me. i am old fashioned - lets face it. :)
okay sorry, i am back on track now! 
so, i started my day off with practice. there is so much that we are having to cram in before the games start coming in! it was a great practice though, and we got a lot done :) 
EVERYONE'S legs are sore from yesterdays workout so today i decided to work the upstairs. 


i gave them "bomber". i think everyone like it well enough, but most of the girls on the team are afraid of "bulking up" so they don't lift or do pushups. so, their strength on this workout was definitely tested, and not everyone could do it. but, no problem! they gave it their best shot, and i couldn't even do one of these pushups the first time i did this workout. i have been there. i know what it is like.

as soon as practice was over i quickly went home to get ready. if i start out productive and doing things i usually stay like that until i stop for a few minutes. so, i didn't want to get out of my groove before i could actually get things done.


i rocked my new "U-State" shirt today and headed over to the Taggart Student Center to get some work done.

but of course, not before grabbing my fuel for the morning!


i haven't found a protein shake that i like better than this one! they have 30g of protein in them with only 1g of sugar and 160 calories. since they are pre-made they are even better and more convenient. and not to mention - DELICIOUS!

my morning and most of my afternoon consisted of working through the final bits and pieces of my ISSA personal training certification.  i am certified through GPP to do their workouts, but if i ever want to  train somewhere else i need a national certification. so, i have read through the whole book and done all 33 quizzes for it, and now i am just finishing up the 600 or so point test. 


now let me tell you - this book ain't small either! 681 pages baby!

since i had been staring at the computer for a good part of the morning i decided to take a break and go back to my apartment for some lunch.  i wasn't very hungry so i just cut up a delicious pear, had some triscuts and greek yogurt, and a plain whole wheat tortilla (the tortilla didn't make it in the picture before i ate it - whoops! haha)



i love triscuts and greek yogurt way too much - i know ;)

after lunch it was back to work at the TSC! i spent another couple of hours there working and people watching all the bug-eyed freshman and decided i could reward myself with a nap! yayee! it was a little longer than i wanted to but oh well!


i haven't been super hungry today so for dinner i just whipped up some steamed veggies and brown rice. wasn't exactly what i wanted but hey it works!

for the rest of the night i am heading back to Snow Hall to visit some of my freshman friends and my pretty cousin that just moved up to logan!

everyone have a fabulous night! 

xoxo,
lil kate

4 comments:

  1. That is some serious organization. But I think you need some highlighters A little color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Corrie Anne! But, I think you are right about the highlighters. I have been loving the blue lately but some more color is definitely needed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the last of your certification! I am so super proud of you!! I love lists, too. Organization is fun, haha. So I did today's workout and was :30 slower and I KNOW it is because I didn't storm it with you like last time! I miss you mucho!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Janetha! It is taking forever but I am finally almost there! And would probably more than :30 sec slower on this workout - I remember you totally kicked my butt last time! I will miss my workout buddy lots. love you mucho xoxo

    ReplyDelete