Monday, August 13, 2012

All Time FAVORITE Workout!

throughout my four years of doing GPP workouts (started doing them at drill with Jan Whittaker) i have done hundreds of different workouts.  until recently it has been very difficult for me to decide on just one that i love the most. but, after much thought and consideration i have decided that STABL Medley (found here) is my all time favorite workout.  why? because it gets you sore everywhere. and even though you stand in one place for the entire workout, you sweat! and have jelly limbs afterwards.  am i crazy for actually liking it??? yeah, i probably am but that's just me!  i also like this one because it is OTC (on trainers count) so the entire group is doing the workout together in unison.  
so, after deciding that STABL was my favorite workout i decided to do it with my team!  i had to take away one round on each triplet due to lack of time. but believe me, we still got our butts kicked! already sore.... :)



got my mini white board all ready for practice! (i am a visual person so i like to write it out for everyone, just like we do at gpp)


here are a couple of my cheer guys doing their front raises


some of my cheer ladies... and a couple of guys are in there too!

everyone did great this morning and i am hoping that they all enjoyed the workout as much as i do!  lets see how they feel tomorrow though!

today i also cooked one of the most delicious dinners eva!!! this one was so fast, so simple, and so freaking easy it surprised me at how good it was! and better yet, i just made it up on the spot! go me!

Honey Chicken Lettuce Wraps (yeah...that's what i'll call them! :))

you will need: (for one serving)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/4 of a red pepper
- salt and pepper
- 3 large pieces of lettuce
- honey
- honey greek yogurt (or flavor of your choice!)

yep! that is really all you need!  
so, all i did was grill up my chicken in the frying pan and seasoned it with salt and pepper.
then, i chopped up my red pepper and threw it in with chicken and let them get a little soft (not too much though, cause you want to keep the crunch!)
i then turned the heat down a little and drizzled just a little bit of honey over my chicken and peppers then let it sit for about 5 min.
once i was done with that i plated it up with my lettuce and a dollop of greek yogurt


here is what it looked like before i wrapped them up and devoured them


i spread the piece of lettuce with the greek yogurt then put in my chicken/pepper mixture


and finally all wrapped up and ready to eat!

today was such a great day and words cannot express how much i am loving training my team and being on my own again. it is refreshing!

anyways try out that new recipe and let me know what you think! also, try out my favorite workout too! i think you will love them both! anyways it is past my bedtime so all of you have a fabulous night!

xo,
Lil Kate

2 comments:

  1. Ha, Love that you claim this as your fav. It's one of mine too until about half way through those Triceps. Then it switches to pure hate. This hate has lasted up to 5 days. Coincides with decrease in soreness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah neil i know how you feel there! except that hatred stays for about a week because my hamstrings stay so tight after those SLD's!

    ReplyDelete