Monday, August 20, 2012

Hops!

hello all! :)

so while i was at bear lake one of the guys on team requested that we do a workout that could help everyone with their "hops". it is really important for everyone on the team to be able to jump high. for the cheerleaders - tumbling and jumping into stunts; and aggiettes - leaping high and gracefully. 

as soon as he requested that i knew the exact workout that i wanted to do :)

"Hoppy Sumo" was my workout of choice - i had to modify it a little from the original workout since we don't have a place to do squat box jumps. so, instead i just had us do squat jumps. not the same but it will do :)



i can't help it - i love my little whiteboard :)

so, the idea of this workout is to start at 20 reps for both the high sumos and squat jumps. then you go onto 19 reps of each and so on and so forth until you reach 11. that is 155 reps of each! lets just say it is a great leg workout.  i usually feel it in my inner thighs(fabulous!) my glutes, and my quads. sometimes my lower back is a little sore as well from the high sumos - but i'll take it! :)

this one hit the team pretty hard but everyone came up to me afterwards to let me know how much they enjoyed it :) it made me happy.  its always nice to hear when a client or group that i train say that they enjoyed a workout. i know that working out isn't always enjoyable and isn't always what you want to do. so, when i hear that - i know that i am doing a good job, at my job. lets just say my job rocks :)

i even had a couple of my teammates come up to me and thank me because in just the short time they have been working out with me they can already tell a difference and are very excited about it.  it IS exciting! progress is what keeps people going and motivated. i am just happy to be a small part in their journey to becoming optimally fit. 


yes, i know the picture is blurry but no one would stay still because they didn't want a picture! haha but here is a few of the girls high sumo-ing it out! looking good with their elbows high :)

well that's all for now!  hope you all had a fabulous monday. :)

what is something that is rewarding to you about your job?

xoxo,
lil kate ♥

3 comments:

  1. That's great that everyone is super stoked on your training. I know you are going to take people to great places with your skill and knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hoppy sumo workout. :) And your whiteboard is definitely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much Janetha! and thanks for being so supportive all the time - i miss you! and corrie anne, the hoppy sumo is also one of my favs. i am always sore in my inner thighs and butt - right where we want it! Oh! and i am glad you like my whiteboard too ;)

    ReplyDelete