Wednesday, August 15, 2012

And We're Off!


alrighty, so this post is going to have to be a little less organized due to my lack of time!  my bad…
so conditioning with the team is going really well.  and let me tell you my hammys are SHOT after doing only two rounds of those single leg dead lifts in STABL.  luckily though i wasn’t the only one feeling it!  it has been two days since we did STABL and i feel like i have gotten more sore! not less! Haha one of the many things i like about that workout J
so, on tuesday i gave the team just one round of “Lil Kate” to try and loosen up the ham strings with some running. the boys requested that they do sprints instead of the lap, because there are a few that are worried that they are going to lose weight. so, i let them! but, have no fear it was an easy substitute and it still kicked their rear ends!  the team seemed to really enjoy it and so did i, but the hammys are still sore!



yesterday i got a call from my aunt that lives up in logan and she asked me if i could dog sit her two big dogs!  so, of course i couldn’t pass up an opportunity to be able to play with adorable dogs and get to do my laundry for free. :)

since i had to meet my aunt to get the dog instructions at 12:30 that meant that lunch was on the go!  one of the reasons that i love wraps, is because they are perfect for times when you are rushed.  i ate this bad boy on the way to my aunts :) DELISH!



now, on to the good part. here are my cute buddies for the week, Bo (left) and Tulio (right)!



they are my new best friends and running partners! last night i took them on a two  mile run and they were awesome! it was also nice because it was night time and i knew i would be safe with my cute body guards.  they loved the run and were pooped afterwards! they went right to sleep- go me!


all ready for my night run with the pups! (sorry for the selfy/mirror pic, but when you are by yourself you don't have much to work with! haha)

today i brought out a Tabata Squats and OTC Abs workout for my team.  everyone is still pretty stiff/sore from doing STABL so i thought a little bit of abs would make them happy. i was right! they loved it, and the workout went great.  it was also a good choice since today we are on our way to bear lake for a couple of day and will be boating. gotta be swim suit ready right?!


so, you won’t be hearing from me for a few days since i will be gone! i will be sure to give you a full update of our fun trip as soon as i get home.
but before i leave, here are a few healthy snacks i packed for the trip!



almonds and some apples!

i used to hate almonds but now i can’t seem to get enough of them! they are a great source of protein and if you choose the unsalted ones the better they are for you!  and that way, you won’t retain the salt- therefore you won't retain water.

have a fun couple of days and i will talk to you all friday! chao!

p.s. please keep my cute cousin sam in your prayers. she was in a car accident last night and may be paralyzed from the waist down. she is in surgery today. i will let you know how it goes.

xo,
Lil Kate

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness--your poor cousin! Praying for her. And can I just say WHAT, YOU HAVE A BLOG?! I am thrilled! I have been missing you so much and this is the perfect way for me to stay updated on your adventures in the Great North, haha. So excited. I will have to go back and read all your previous posts.. what, you have been posting since JUNE? You were holding out on me :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janetha! i have had my blog since june but i think i posted like twice! haha i am just now becoming consistent. and i freaking miss you like crazy! love you lady. xoxo

    ReplyDelete