Monday, October 1, 2012

homecoming recap and words of wisdom from the woman who knows all!

hey all! its monday again! its time to start the week out RIGHT. :)

so, the last couple of days have been a little rocky, and super stressful because of a lot of things going on! the stress definitely came from it being homecoming weekend! as a spirit squad member we have a lot of places/ events to attend homecoming weekend.


friday night consisted of the "spirit squad reunion" where previous and current spirit squad members all came to catch up and honor the amazing Linda Zimmerman for her 25 years as the spirit squad adviser/coach. there was a lot of set up to do and take down afterwards. but, it was totally worth it. we also got to do some stunting and cheers with old cheerleaders and aggiettes. what a blast!


saturday was a full schedule! we started our day out at 7am with a scholarship 5k, then moved on to a parade, then a pep rally, and finally the homecoming game. it was a full day of pep and cheer! 



us helping out at the 5k!




i have the BEST roomies. ready for the game!




the "white out" was SICK.



me and my aggiettes getting ready for half time! LOVE the new dresses :)


overall, homecoming was great. we won the game and all went well with our routines/performances. i can't complain one bit!

now, everyone has a bad day, a bad week, gets sad, gets depressed or just stressed out! well, my smart granny has the solution to all of these things. she told my mom how to handle it, and my mom shared it with me. the solution is to go outside on a walk/run, clean your house, and lose 5lbs.  well, after this weekend i was experiencing all of these emotions and my mom told me to do these things -  she promised that i would feel better. at this point i was a little desperate so i gave it a go. IT WORKS. no joke. i started my day out with a walk. then i had class. then i cleaned my ENTIRE apartment. and i ate healthy and exercised so that i could lose those 5 lbs! seriously i felt so much better afterwards. my mind was kept busy and my body felt great. my mom has always told me that when i am sad or upset to not eat unhealthily. now, occasionally that is exactly what i need. junk food. but, not this time. my body feels great. because although it has been a rough couple of days i didn't let myself go. eating crappy only makes you feel worse. and well, then you are just backtracking! not moving forward! i am ready to move forward :)

cleaning is also kinda an outlet for me, so i was glad that it was so conveniently on the list of things that will help you feel better from my granny. here are a couple of pictures of my nice clean apartment :)





running is also an outlet for me. (anyone else?) it is the first thing i want to do when i am having a stressful day or i am feeling sad. it is the perfect way to clear my mind and release all those happy endorphin's. this was also conveniently on the list :)

here is the workout i did today! such a good one - my hands always hurt after pullups though! in fact, today i ripped! i should know better than to re-grip on the come down of my pullups! oh well,  marcus, brandon and ashton came with me :) i love having workout buddies!




what is your outlet?

have a fabulous night!

xoxo,
lil kate ♥ 

3 comments:

  1. you know my outlet... hint. its similar to yours!! Your grandma is a smart lady!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It already looks cold up there. Pumped to have you back at the gym Saturday. Pumped

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you agree candice! and neil, it is definitely already cold up here. 35 degrees coming home from practice yesterday! but i cant wait to be back tomorrow. i have missed it like crazy.

    ReplyDelete