Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Motivation

alright, i am going to be real honest. lately i have been having such a hard time being motivated in my workouts. getting to the gym isn't usually the problem for me. its once i am there. i am struggling to find motivation within myself to REALLY push through a workout that i am doing alone. i get the weird looks and the big "meat-head" guys coming up to me telling me i am doing something wrong. sometimes i just don't want to deal with it and i end up wasting 30 precious minutes of my day wandering around the field house like a fool. i know, i know - i REALLY need to "LOSE MY STORY!" 


anyways, today was one of the all time HARDEST workouts that GPP throws at you. it is called "Spector". there are two movements in the entire workout. that's it. two of the hardest movements. and when they are put together it really is a hellish workout.

so the idea is to start at 20 reps of power squat cleans (or burpees) and then 1 rep of the other movement. then, you slowly climb down the ladder with the movement you started at 20 reps and slowly move up the ladder with the movement that you started at 1 rep with. until you reach 1 and 20 again. let me tell you something - that was ROUGH.

as i was saying before - the motivation hasn't quite been there lately. however, today i got a little extra motivation from my GPPeeps (it always helps me to read the posts, and blog links on the GPP website) and my amazing parents. today both of my parents sent me a text saying that "Specter" took them well over an hour, but they did EVERY rep and with PERFECT form. i was SO PROUD of them for not quitting. most people would stop when the rest of the class did, but not them - they stayed into the next class and finished the workout completely. i love them and the drive that they have. it helped me push through my own workout today.

my next bit of motivation came from something Neil put on the GPP website. it was exactly what i needed to read at that very moment! (side note- that is one of the things that i love most about GPP - when i read the comments or articles on the website it always seems to pertain to me exactly. love it. :)) it is a short paragraph on motivation - and i loved it, so i decided to share it :)

"1: Get Motivated
Get your backside HERE and recommit to your motivations EVERY FRICKIN DAY. Be perfect. Lose your story. That story you sell yourself and others on, about why you aren't as healthy as you ought to be (BTW - you are a pretty good salesman) is the reason you aren't stronger, healthier, more functional as a human. Its also the reason you may not be too comfortable in your own skin right now. Good reason or not, it is holding you back. It will continue to hold you back until you make a habit out of doing what the first sentence in this paragraph says (please re-read). " *see full article here
i have seen it and heard about it time and time again. "the story". i too, have my own. it goes something like this: "well i already went to practice today, and i am so tired, and i don't want to shower again, i am just eating these cookies today - i won't have any tomorrow (as i am finishing off the batch the next day by myself), i will work out later. the list can literally go on and on. but, i am going to stop with the story and jump back on the band wagon. i WILL motivate myself and be proud when i kicked butt in a workout. i will help others find their inner motivation as well. together as a COMMUNITY we can accomplish so many things that we never thought we could by helping each other out. something as simple as a small compliment can make the difference as to how someone approaches their workouts or their diets. COMPLIMENT people when you notice a difference. it helps, it is what keeps people going - myself included. I PROMISE.

well folks, that is my rant for the night. i hope you enjoyed. good luck if any of you try this workout. it is a beazy.

xoxo,
lil kate ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment