Monday, September 17, 2012

All In

alright, i am going to be real honest. i have been bad. yes, i have been working out everyday but the eating - flushed it down the toilet! it is time to get out of this funk - i was in it, then i got out of it and back to my normal weight. then, the funk came back! so, starting today i am going to be ALL IN.  no cheating. perfect eating - gotta shake this cold turkey! like i have said before eating is at least 80% of staying fit and obtaining optimal health. i have only been working on 20% of my optimal health. not good. however, it isn't the end of the world and it happens to everyone. no one is absolutely perfect at eating and exercising ALL the time. 

funny as it may seem i notice that i begin to eat badly when the numbers are low on the scale. (anyone else?) a low number should motivate me to continue to eat healthy! i think that when i see a low number that means i don't have to watch what i eat anymore- kinda like "well since i am low, i can pig out."  i gotta get that thinking out of my head! that mind set is right along the lines of "fit a destination" i have been in the mind set that i have reached my destination. i need to constantly remember that "fit is NOT a destination. it is a way of life" 


my game plan for being ALL IN will go as follows: 

- no sugar - whenever i go off of sugar i see results pretty quickly. it is one of those things          that i have really tuned in with myself. its not the same for everyone, so when dieting pay attention to what makes a difference with YOU.
- 20-30 min of extra cardio everyday - GPP has discovered that if you are trying to jump start fitness and weight loss adding a little extra cardio to your daily GPP workouts works really well. (no, i am not looking to lose a bunch of weight, because i know i don't need to - i am  just trying to get back to my normal weight)
- no eating after 8:00pm - snacking late at night is one of the easiest ways to gain a couple of pounds quick!
- stay between 1200-1500 calories everyday - i have found that for me personally this is a good range for me to stay in. closer to 1200 calories if i am trying to lose a couple of pounds, and closer to 1500 calories if i am trying to maintain.

*i am sharing my game plan with all of you so that you can hold me to it. i am ready to be ALL IN again! i have missed it!


today i started my day out right with practice and a great training session with my team. here is the workout we did: 





i really enjoy this workout because it allows everyone to get into their own groove and finish it themselves. it was a nice mix up and the team seemed to enjoy it as well. :)

now, this weekend was pretty epic! first and foremost i finished and passed my ISSA certification test! i am so happy! it was a long and very time consuming process, but i learned a lot and am now officially certified through ISSA and GPP :)





the best email i have received in a long time :)

friday was great because i was surprised with a date from andrew! he called me up and told him to meet him in brigham city in an hour. it was a double date with his brother sterling and his date. it was super fun - not everything turned out as planned but it was still a blast and i was just glad to have been able to see him!

then, on saturday i went on a group date and we hiked up the wind caves! it was about 3.4 miles of pure beauty. logan canyon is so gorgeous and the leaves are already starting to change. it is simply breathtaking. i absolutely LOVE fall! here are a couple of pics of the adventure! :)





me and ashton! - aren't those leaves to die for?!



the whole group :)

me and my brother marcus. he planned the date with his roommates!

it was a super fun date and i like going on doubles with my brother. some people think its weird that we do, but i don't mind it at all!

well, thats all for today! i will keep you updated on my journey! have a fabulous day and remember that it is never too late to start eating healthy - if you start your day off with a cookie, just re-group and eat healthy the rest of the day! don't lose a whole day to one little thing :)

xoxo,
lil kate ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment