Wednesday, January 16, 2013

zumba!!!

hello everyone! 
wow, what a crazy weekend it was for me and this week has seemed to fly. i can't believe it is already wednesday.
so, this weekend i got myself in a bit of a bind. my poor laptap fell off my bed and then decided not to work. after an hour and a half on the phone with the dell customer service line being transferred a 100 times i finally got help from my awesome friend jordan. he had it fixed in two days and now i have a computer again! only problem was, everything that was on it before = GONE. pictures, videos, assignments/papers...everything! not fun, but at least i still have a computer, right?! always looking on the positive side :) so now - i can get back to blogging! 

today has been great! i got to sleep in because i didn't have practice, which is always a great way to start off my day :) after my anatomy class (which i love by the way! :)) i got my gym time in... well sorta. i got all the way to the field house only to find that i didn't have my student i.d. to let me in. so, i just had to make due at my home gym!



welcome to GPP...lil kate at pink house #5 style :)

the workout of the day at GPP was "Winter Lemons" but, since i couldn't run indoors at the field house there was no way that i was going to run outside. it is wayyy too cold here in logan! so, i decided to do a different workout that was more "at home" friendly. my choice was "burper" - one we did not too long ago at GPP.


instead of aussie pullups i subbed in bent rows. a heavy breather for sure, but it felt so good to sweat!
(thanks to bodyofamother for the pic!)

after my workout i fueled up with one of my all time favorite breakfasts. a banana and a premier protein shake. i used to be a vanilla protein shake kind of girl but now i can't even drink the vanilla!  so, chocolate it is and let me tell you, it is delicious! :) such a great way to start my day and keep my energy up through all my classes.


if you haven't tried premier protein i definitely recommend it! 30g of protein, 160 calories, and 1g of sugar. it doesn't get much better than that! you can find it at costco or sams club.

now for the exciting part :) today, i had my zumba class that i am taking through the university. can i just say, i love zumba?! it is so great and i really enjoy it. however, i was surprised at the number of overweight people in my class. i mean, i am a personal trainer and an American for heavens sake so i know that the obesity rates are extremely high in the United States. yet, i was still surprised. i shouldn't have been, but i was. there are so many people out there - of all ages that need help getting healthy and allowing themselves to live a happier life. i am a firm believer in the fact that someone can't be 100% completely happy if they are overweight. they might think they are, but they don't know what it is like to be a really healthy person and to do things that they might not be able to do at their current weight. i want to be able to help these people discover a new kind of happiness so badly! this is why i love my career choice so much, because i know i can help. i want to make a difference! now, with that, while i was dancing my heart out to Nicki Minaj in zumba i decided that i want to get zumba certified! not sure exactly when (i am assuming over the summer) but i definitely want to do it. i love fitness, and i love dancing - so what better way to take advantage of my talents! 


i'm super excited for what zumba can bring to me, and what i can bring to others through zumba!

have a fabulous night!

xoxo,
lil kate ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment