Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Back to the Grind!

happy hump day everyone!

this week has already been super busy and crazy for me. i absolutely LOVE all my classes, but they are killer!  i am taking a human anatomy class that is known around campus for being the hardest class anyone will ever take. and let me tell you, its day three and i am already overwhelmed. funny thing is - my boss at GPP, Neil Anderson took the exact same anatomy class as me, with the exact same teacher as me, here at Utah State when he was here! he still remembers the difficult "two-door" exam questions that my professor Andy Anderson is famous for.  however, Neil did say that he still remembers so much from the class and that it has been very helpful for him throughout his training career. so, i am going to try to get the most out of the class because i know it will make me a better trainer. :)

today was a pretty simple workout that i enjoyed quite a bit - minus the fact that it was super crowded at the field house! the workout was for time, but since it was so crowded it was too hard to time it. annnddd not to mention the multiple questions i got when i did my kipping pullups. 

sooo crowded - except you can't really tell in this picture haha


after a solid 4 hours of studying anatomy and a test earlier in the day, my workout was exactly what i needed. my brain needed a break! working out it is my favorite way to clear my mind a release all the stress that comes from school.

coming back up to school and leaving the comfort of being able to workout at GPP i have realized how careful i have to be to set a time to go to the gym and workout. it is so easy to get caught up with the college life and "not get around" to going to the gym. but, i have set a time to go everyday and i plan on being very diligent in going.  at GPP we have writing on the walls and Neil had me write this quote on the wall that has really seemed to apply to my life this week. 
"If it means something to you, you'll find a way.  If it doesn't, you'll find an excuse."

***I won't have an excuse. You shouldn't either.***

xoxo,
lil kate ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment