Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Exercise is My Drug

happy hump day ya'll!
i hope everyone's week has been fabulous so far!

i got the topic for today's post "Exercise is My Drug" on monday - after having a terrible start to my day. 

monday morning at 8:25am I sat down in my anatomy class ready to begin my third test of the semester.  now, if any of you reading this post have heard about Andy Anderson's Anatomy class at Utah State, you know it is KILLER. like for reals. i studied my little butt off all week last week/weekend for this test. i walked through the doors feeling confident and prepared. i had definitely put in the time and effort. i started taking the test and about halfway through, it was all i could do to not start crying. seriously. tears were forming in my eyes. the test was SO hard. i felt like my 30+ hours spent studying had been for nothing. i finished the test and walked out of the doors of the biology building so frustrated, discouraged and upset. i pulled out my headphones and stormed off to the gym blasting rap music. i needed to blow off A LOT of steam. what better way to do so than a GPP workout of the day? in fact, the workout on monday happened to be one of my favorite workouts. lucky me :)

Jones'n for 40

2 rounds for time:
40 kb swings 25/35
40 squats 
40 OH db presses 15/20 
40 KB high sumo 35/54
40 tick tocks (20 per side)

Post time to comments.
--------------------------------

i finished "Jones'n for 40" in just under 22 min. as soon as i finished my workout i had blown off some steam and i felt SO MUCH better than i had 22 minutes earlier. it was so great! 

i got home from the gym around noon and realized i hadn't eaten yet that day (i usually can't eat before tests because i get so nervous i want to throw up - i have issues, i know.) so, i fueled my body with a delicious brunch. 


strawberries with cottage cheese, and whole wheat bread with peanut butter. seriously so delicious, and a great post workout meal. it was actually kind of my pre workout fuel as well.

on mondays and wednesdays i have my zumba class that i take through the university. we recently got a new instructor and she is absolutely amazing! after my lunch i headed off to zumba. it was such a great way to blow off some left over frustration from the morning. i walked out of my zumba class with a huge smile on my face. i couldn't help it. i love to workout! i love the feeling that i get afterwards. exercise truly is my drug. the high i get afterwards is irreplaceable. i don't know what i would do if physically i wasn't able to work out. i would probably be an emotional wreck. actually - not probably. DEFINITELY.

after zumba i was yet to be done with my physical activities for the day. i had one final class in which we were going rock climbing. i usually get pretty nervous rock climbing whether is is real rock climbing or at an indoor climbing wall. i don't love heights. however, that was not the case on monday. i was fearless. i welcomed the adrenaline rush with open arms. i scaled walls that i would have never tried on a regular day. i couldn't get enough of it! the burn in my arms, shoulders, and legs felt great. so in other words, i love rock climbing. 

here is a pic of one of the rock walls!



after an hour of climbing i left the Rock Haus with a great attitude. i had received my score back from my test and it wasn't nearly as bad as i thought it was going to be. in fact, it wasn't bad at all. however - thank goodness i had the entire day clear my head through my physical activities. because without it, i would have been a mess the entire day. yes, the test was THAT bad. maybe i am dramatic, but those that have taken the class can relate.

anyways, hope you enjoy the post! have a great day everyone!

who else feels like exercise is their drug?
if so, what is your favorite form of exercise that you use to blow off steam and clear your head?

xoxo,
lil kate ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment