Monday, February 25, 2013

Crunch time!

happy monday everyone!

as the title clearly states - its crunch time for me! spring break is just two short weeks away. and you all know what that means - swimsuit time! i am especially excited for my spring break plans this year because i will be spending my time at the WAC basketball tournament in Las Vegas with the Spirit Squad! awesome right?! i am super excited and ready for the break from classes - but mostly just a break from logan and the freezing cold.

the winter months of january and february are never kind months to me. it is freezing cold in logan and my body thinks it needs a little more adipose tissue (fat tissue) than normal. which - it doesn't! a big puffy coat will get the job done just fine! (im going to start throwing in some terms i am learning in anatomy - it helps me remember it all!) so, during these months it is a much bigger battle to keep the pounds off. but, by recognizing that these months are hard for me i can fight back with a good diet and a daily workout.

before i head to vegas for spring break i am planning on hitting the gym at least 5x a week (which i usually do, but there is definitely a few days missed here and there) and following a strict diet to help me get ready and feel more confident about slipping on the swim suit. (no, i am not trying to lose a lot of weight, because i know that i don't need to. but, i do want to drop just a few pounds and lean up a bit in the next few weeks.)

at the gym i will be doing the daily GPP workout and an extra 30 minutes of cardio. my cardio will probably be done on the elliptical because my IT band doesn't seem to want to let me run yet.
for my diet, i plan on staying between 1200-1400 calories.  no sweets and no eating out. (i have gotten bad at this lately - i just can't resist the cadbury mini eggs that call out my name whenever i go to the grocery store!)  also, i need to cut back on my carbohydrates (not veggies or fruits - but breads, pastas and rice) i have learned that for me personally by cutting back on those kinds of carbohydrates my body loses its "pudge" around my waist much faster. everyone needs to be able to tune into their bodies as well, and discover what affects their body the most, and then learn the most efficient way to help their body fix it. this may take a little trial and error, but will definitely pay off in the end.

i am excited to get started and these next few weeks will be hard - but i am ready for the challenge! 

what are your plans for spring break?

anyone else struggle during the dreary months of January and February?

have a fabulous monday!
xoxo,
lil kate ♥
 


1 comment:

  1. Ah my Lil Kate, please live up your Spring Break days in your cute tiny body in Las Vegas. I will also be going to Las Vegas for Spring Break, with kids in tow. I am hoping to do some running and hiking in Redrock Canyon. You should check it out while you're down there. Beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete