Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Perfect Thanksgiving Weekend ♥


well hello everyone! i hope you all had a nice thansgiving weekend full of family, friends, and good food :) (i know i did!) - sorry i know this post is a week late - but at least im posting! haha

my weekend started last tuesday afternoon when i came home after 5 straight weeks of being in logan. it was SO GOOD to be home! i came home to a nice clean house and my mom making my favorite cookies (pumpkin chocolate chip). yes, i had to give a can for eating those! (turkey day challenge). i was able to go and pick up my little sister lara from high school and i got a running jump hug from my cute little brother jason. then i spent the afternoon hanging out with the cute neighbor boy, andrew :)

wednesday morning i couldn't have been more excited to wake up at 4am and go to work at GPP. I LOVE IT THERE! it was so good to be back and see all the people that i have grown to love over the past few years. the workout for wednesday was "Hoofin Bi" - a killer biceps workout with a little running to break it up.


the slow biceps curls were killer and i was super excited to have run every round! i haven't been able to run farther than 400m the last couple of months because of my IT band so it was really refreshing!

wednesday afternoon i tested my skills with a shotgun. andrew and i, along with another couple went up the mountain to spend a little time shooting.  i haven't shot too many guns in my time so it was a fun adventure. i even hit a clay pigeon - whoot whoot! :)



andrew let me use his jacket so that i wouldn't get a bruise from the kick back. i look super top heavy with little chicken legs! haha - so much fun though!

then comes thanskgiving - one of my favorite holidays! :)
i started my day off right - at GPP for our annual Turkey Day Mashup! this year the workout was called "Pie Burn" and we had a little over 120 people storming the workout with us! it was awesome! 

PIE BURN

10 burpees EMOM (every min on the min) for 5 min 


3 min continuous plate switches

1 min rest 

10 burpees EMOM for 5 min 

Class does reps in unison on trainers count:

Shoulder Medley - 2 rounds

20 front raises 15/20

20 upright row 15/20

20 OH press 15/20

Triceps Medley - 2 rounds


20 skull crushers 15/20 

20 OH French press 15/20

Ab Medley - 2 rounds


20 R side ups

20 L side ups 



Legs Medley -2 rounds



20 single leg DL 15/20 

10 burpees EMOM for 5 min

On trainer's count perform 3 rounds of the following:

20 v-ups


20 T2T side ups L



20 sec ab bridges

10 burpees EMOM

it was a long workout but we stormed it with our amazing community which made it so. much. fun!



the whole crew!


GPP was PACKED!


skull crushers!


i got to have my bff ali storm the workout with me!


realized that this is the first and only picture that the four of us have together. these are the amazing trainers that taught me everything i know, and have given me so many opportunities. i love them with all my heart!
left to right: megan wallace, neil anderson, lizz bennett, and myself!

after the fun workout it was time to stuff myself with amazing food and spend some quality time with my amazing family :) we hosted my grandparents at our house for thanksgiving and enjoyed a nice mellow day together. my mom is an incredible cook and made everything look as good as it tasted. 



this is me and my beautiful little sister lara :) i have missed her!


and of course my adorable baby brother jason :) 


the fancy table my mom put together :)


all the delicious food! (see the bottom left - orange rolls from Dick's bakery. they are my all time favorite and i only eat them on thanksgiving. yum!)

thanksgiving was a relaxing day that ended in lots of thanks and a fully tummy. im already looking forward to next year! ;)

friday started out with GPP! the workout was "thrust-o-rama". this one is a SORE MAKER - like hardcore. but, it is the most complete movement that we, at GPP can give a person.



only one movement, 20 min, 200 thrusters


this is me doing the thruster movement. you first clean it to your rack, squat it down (toes out knees out - back straight - head up) and then you press it overhead (head through your shoulders - over your center of balance). then, instead of dropping it in between reps after you press it overhead you go right back down into the squat then press again.

i took it easy throughout the workout because on saturday i had to perform at both a football and a basketball game, so i couldn't be too crazy sore. on saturday the Aggies won Idaho 45-9 at the football game and took the WAC Championship! it was awesome and now the aggies are headed to the "Famous Potato Bowl" on december 15th! its going to be a blast and i cant wait to cheer on my aggies at the bowl game. aggies also pulled out a win at the basketball game against weber state. i even got tackled by one of the players during the first quarter which was pretty exciting. haha it was actually really epic and i wish i had a picture or a slow motion video recording of it to post here on the blog. oh well, you will just have to imagine a 250+ pound basketball player lurching at me full force and us landing in the band. super funny, and i had about 100 people ask me over the next couple of days if i was okay - which of course i was just fine!

anyways that is my thanksgiving weekend in a nut shell! again, i apologize that it is up a bit late but i hope you still enjoy it! have a fabulous week!

xoxo,
lil kate ♥

1 comment: