Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A New Gym Friend

happy tuesday everyone!
i hope everyone had a great weekend and have decided that this week is going to be good! 

i should have posted this yesterday but i didn't quite get to it! so, here it is today :)

my workout of the day yesterday :) . (found here)
this is a workout that i absolutely DREAD. plate cleans, and double pump burpees all in one workout?! death. but, the next day i am always sore in all the right places! so, the pain pays off!



five rounds for time. like i said ROUGH.

ANYWAYS, back to the story. i was at the field house minding my own business doing my GPP workout. (note- i often get stopped throughout my workout at the field house with inquires as to what i am doing or better yet, the big meat head guy telling me i am doing something wrong. now like i have said a hundred times before, GPP is different that ANYTHING anyone has seen before. that's why people are so curious, or so sure that i am doing a movement wrong ;)) well yesterday i was stopped during round 2 of my workout. not by a guy trying to correct me, but by a nice guy asking me what i was doing. i explained to him that i was doing a "double pump burpee" and he asked me to show him how do it. immediately "Trainer Kate" came out (LOVED IT!). i carefully explained the movement to him and watched him do a couple. then, to my surprise he asked, "whats next?" - he wanted to keep doing my workout with me! i explained the rest of the workout to him and rattled on about what GPP is all about. he did 2 rounds with me before he had to leave for class. it was awesome :)  i probably wont ever see that guy again, but i loved that he wanted to learn. it is people like him that i LOVE training!  just thought i would share! if any of my logan peeps ever see me at the field house please come join me! i love a workout buddy, and always love helping anyone with workouts!

also, turkey day challenge ends in 9 days! i re -started (i was struggling big time with motivation) and i have been perfect! 9 days - thats nothing! i can do it, and i will be motivated!  motivation is a choice, a skill. it takes practice and hard work to acquire a skill. you have to work at it everyday. lets keep working!

thanks for reading!

have a fabulous tuesday! 

xoxo,
lil kate
"trainer kate" ♥ 

4 comments:

  1. You're so great! :) You're definitely my inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much jassy! you are the best! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the story. You are one of those people Lil K. If I didn't know you and saw you storming a workout in a gym. I'd ask to storm with you, too!

    ReplyDelete